Remote monitoring and management (RMM), also known as network management or remote service software, is a built on application to help managed IT service providers (MSPs) remotely to proactively monitor client endpoints, networks and computers. Remote IT Management is need of hour so that one can manage and visualize how the networks of services/applications are performing. Depending on the vendor it provides real time as well as forecast for the immediate future, majorly to avoid mishaps in the network. Besides, proactively stay ahead of issues and resolve them remotely.
Need of remote monitoring management:
Essentially, when one of these engineers detects a problem on the monitoring tool, an alert (or "ticket") is created and sent to the MSP, prompting them to take whatever action is needed to resolve the problem. Pro-active means of reporting is required here to assess the issue & resolve successfully. The severity of the problem/issue can also be determined here to prioritize & identify critical vs non critical issues. MSPs such as Flightcase who are into this for over a decade with their partners have their personnel trained to identify the critical and non-critical issues so that they save the customer from having a disaster in their running network. A good MSP rises to the occasion to identify & resolve such issues before the client hits on a road block.
Functionally RMM performs as:
- Gathering information about client software, hardware and networks, all combined into one single platform where the engineer can extract
- MSP provides activity reports and data from time to time for its engineers to monitor and take pro-active actions
- Create appropriate alerts and tickets when problems arise; actions taken thereon
- Track network and device health of client equipment's (servers, routers, switches, etc)
- Monitor multiple endpoints and clients simultaneously which is key at times
- Automate scheduled maintenance tasks to ensure that there is no breakdown to the various elements that function 24 x 7 for most Carriers/Organizations
Flightcase has over last several years has performed successfully monitoring for its clients majorly based on their own software product designed for their network operations. Since 2005, systems worldwide have began to mature, as smaller companies especially software had to take advantage of the managed services environment that Fortune 500 companies had access to. RMM technology and expert staff could now be leveraged by the MSP to service the small and medium size business (SMB) market. Thus began the managed services movement as we know it today. Today enterprise-level automation and monitoring is a need of the hour for fixing problems & avoid system failures. After all maximizing uptime was key for every client and that's where Flightcase though its experts intent to provide the edge in the market